I think this was our best Thanksgiving yet!
It seemed to go really smoothly and that is hard to come by since we had C.
Starting with my view of Thanksgiving morning.
I was up early baking and preparing for the days events, while my loves were sound asleep.
It actually was one of my favorite parts of the day simply because they were tucked in bed, the house was quiet, yummy smells were floating through the house and it gave me that little bit of peace I needed before the busy day.
Once C and Nate woke up we were off to his Mom and Dad's for a Thanksgiving breakfast and to watch the parade. It was C's first time even noticing the parade and she especially loved the Snoopy, Dora, Spongebob floats and the musical numbers.
We spent the entire morning hanging out in our pajamas chatting and watching the television, and some of us had some pretty cute pj's on.
By the time C's nap rolled around she was out for a good 2 hours, before we had to fully wake her up to get ready to head out the door.
However, that nap gave this Mama some time to finish up her baking and enjoy some pandora and solitaire, while Mr.Stanley played video games.
I think I had a pretty sweet set up in kitchen.
A little office nook is a must in our next house.
And the cookies were a big hit!
We had a big Thanksgiving dinner at my Aunt's house and enjoyed some delicious food, as always.
C with Aunt Kassie and baby Kadence in her belly!
I can't believe next year we will have a little baby to snuggle with during the holidays!
(the spread)
(my Dad working some magic on the ham)
It was pretty darn good!
After dinner and dessert we enjoyed some Wii bowling and the boys played about a million games of pool and finished off a bottle of whiskey.
I think everyone had a fabulous time and we didn't head home until well after 10:30pm.
There is a lot that we are thankful for this year, but we are definitely looking forward to the upcoming Christmas plans and what 2011 has in store for us.
As far as Black Friday went, Emina picked me up at midnight and we headed to the mall. When we got there is was like a madhouse full of crazies. It was Emina's first time going shopping on Black Friday and she mentioned several times it would be her last. It's not my cup of tea either, I was simply there for moral support.
So we took a few trips to the hot spots and watched all the people standing outside in the 19 degree weather to save $10.00. Needless to say we went, we saw, we went home and crawled into bed.
However the next day I hopped online and finished up C's "Santa" gifts and bought some for my soon to be here niece some little presents too.









No comments:
Post a Comment