Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Somedays can be a little heartbreaking

One of the sweetest things my husband has every said to me was after C was born. We were both alone in our delivery room packing to leave with our brand new daughter. As we were packing up in silence he turned to me out of no where and said "Thank you." I looked up and said "For what Babe?" He chuckled a bit as if it was so obvious why he was thanking me. He said "For how great you did, for bringing us a healthy and beautiful daughter, for giving me a great gift."
I was absolutely shocked. Not because my husband isn't ever appreciative or full of love, but he just isn't ever so well spoken. All I could do was mumble a silly "ummm well yeah your welcome hun."
My husband has the most natural grace when it comes to handling C.

She is beautiful and always has been in our eyes.

So some days when I remember that wonderful thing my husband said to me back in our hospital room, it breaks my heart because I so desperately want to give him the great gift again.
I completely understand that this is both something we give to each other, I obviously can't do it alone and wouldn't want to, but I so badly want that feeling and moment again with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment